Christopher Long holds an MSc Applied Finance from the Singapore Management University and is the sole recipient of the 2015 Columbia Threadneedle Investment Award. He has been working in the banking industry as an investment banker before starting CryptoTrader.sg in 2017. He has been invested in the bitcoin space since late 2016.
I was asked some time ago about some of Christopher Long’s biggest wins. Naturally, I had to find out.
Here are seven of Chris Long’s biggest wins. Some of which he is still holding.
#1 – Zilliqa Coin
- Buy Price: ICO $0.000219
- sell price upon listing $0.0083
- Return: 3700% ( 3 month return duration)
#2 – Quarkchain
- Buy Price: ICO $0.0197
- sell price upon listing $0.2561
- Return: 1300% (2 month return duration)
#3 – Bitcoin
- Buy Price: $1250
- Still holding @ $9250
- 640% growth over 3 year duration
#4 – Ethereum
- Buy Price: $50
- Still holding, current price @ $190
- Return: 640% growth (2 month return duration)
#5 – Binance Coin
- Buy Price: $6
- Still holding, current price @ $26
- Return: 330% growth (1 year growth)
#6 – SNX Coin
- Buy Price: $0.39
- Still holding, current price @ $1.16
- Return: 197% growth (1.5 years)
#7 – BAT Coin
- Buy Price: $0.22
- Still holding, current price @ $0.33
- Return: 50% growth (6 month return duration)
We have faced questions previously on what are some of the biggest wins Chris Long has ever seen. I think this answers it nicely.
Once again, to bring you back to reality, we advise you to approach investing in bitcoin using a barbell approach.
Popularised by Nassim Taleb, on the 90-99% side are your typical investments that are ultra safe.
- Treasury Inflation Protected Securities. Otherwise known as TIPS. Or a Treasury bond that is indexed to inflation to protect investors from the negative effects of rising prices
On the 1-10% are your crazy, risky, could-go-to-zero-in-a-heartbeat kind of investments – things like Bitcoin that can offer crazy high returns (3700%!!) but are also high risk assets.
This means you 90% grows slowly, and the wild big gains you get from the 1-10% part of your portfolio generates most of the returns. In return, your losses are always capped at 10% of your maximum portfolio.
It’s a beautiful setup, and I highly recommend you try it.
If you’d like to find out more about investing in bitcoin, there will be a small talk on approaching investing in bitcoin. You can register for it here.