Singaporeans love Properties.
Just think about that regular monthly paycheck that comes in month after month, without the daily fight for space on the MRT nor the daily lunch crowds.
But real estate investing is not easy.
Most investors do not have the capital nor knowledge to be successful.
You could easily burn your entire savings on a single property that flops.
But that’s not the end of the road.
Today, we will show you how you can invest in real estate, at a small fraction of the cost through an investment vehicle called Real Estate Investment Trust (REIT).
With it, you do not need to worry about large capital requirements, house mortgage or need an extensive knowledge in property management.
The Complete Guide to REITs Investing
We’ve engaged the help of experienced REITs investors, and compiled the Complete Guide to Singapore REITs [2017 edition].
In it, you’ll discover:
- What Are REITs? – and how it has allowed investors with limited capital to own properties and most importantly, that regular monthly income that frees us from the daily grind.
- How To Buy REITs In Singapore – the ‘how’ and the ‘what’ that you need to know, in order to start buying REITs and earning money
- Singapore REITs Index & ETF – the REIT investing hack that allows you to slack off and yet own a diversified range of REITs that still pays you regularly
- 4 Key Characteristics Of An Ideal REIT – for the hardworking A+ REITs investors who are willing to put a little more effort and time to earn more than those slackers in the previous section. Here, you will discover the 4 signals that are usually detected in a sustainable and profitable REIT.
- 3 Things To Avoid When Investing In REITs – combine this with the previous section for optimal results. If you can avoid doing these 3 things when you are selecting REITs, you will tend to get better returns.
- 6 Common Sectors Of REITs In Singapore – 6 different opportunities for you to generate regular returns, regardless of how the economy is doing.
- Physical Properties vs REITs: The Pros & Cons You Must Know – other than the difference in capital requirements, REITs provide 3 other advantages over investing in physical properties. Of course, REITs are not perfect, we list 3 disadvantages that REITs have against physical properties. Understand and balance the pros and cons before you decide to invest!
- REIT vs Business Trust: 5 Differences You Must Know – REITs and Business Trusts are different animals, and their different natures will affect how much you earn from your investment.
- Essential Terms That REITs Investors Must Know – WALE, DPU, AEI and many more. Understand these terms, so that you know if your money is in a safe REIT that can afford to pay you regularly.
Let us know what you think!
Did we miss out anything in the guide? Was there something you’d wish we had included?
P.S. Remember to share the guide if you found it useful!