This is a simulated Singapore Permanent Portfolio started on 3 Jan 2012 with S$100,000 capital. We will track the performance with real prices, dividends, interests and costs going forward. You can judge the robustness of this portfolio during the bad times with the worst drawdown and the equity curve that we have calculated and built.
If you are not sure what is Permanent Portfolio about, I will explain it in a nutshell:
- A portfolio consisting of four equal asset classes: Stocks, Bonds, Gold and Cash
- Gives you decent returns with very low drawdown even during a stock market crash
We have written a decent number of articles about permanent portfolio which we urge you to read.
For a full view of the spreadsheet, please visit this link (you can also download the Excel file for your personal tracking).
- Data on Singapore Government Bonds were not easily attainable before their SGX listing on 8 Jul 11. Hence, we chose Jan 12 to have an easy start state.
- You can input the figures to the pink colored cells and most of the values will be calculated automatically.
- We will update this portfolio at the end of each month.