2012 has come to a close. It was indeed another unpredictable year. 2012 didn’t look anywhere close to a bull market in stocks for the first half of the year and yet, Straits Times Index returned about 18% year-to-date excluding dividends. Once again, it has proved market predictions are not worth much.
Over here in BigFatPurse, we have made more friends and gained more knowledge. We are heartened to see growth in our readership. Thank you for being part of the learning journey with us. The following articles were read most by you on BigFatPurse:
Top Favorites in 2012
- Play CASHFLOW Game Online!
- How to buy Singapore Government Bonds?
- Do not buy Critical Illness Insurance
- 7 Singapore REITs trading at 30% discount
- Buddha – “When the student is ready, the teacher will appear”
- How to buy gold?
- Singapore Property Auctions
- Straits Times Index Exchange Traded Fund (STI ETF)
- 6 Reasons Why You Should NOT Repay Your Housing Loan Early
- What is the difference between Cum-Dividend and Ex-Dividend?
From this list, we gathered readers are interested in understanding the basics. Information on bonds, insurance, CD and XD are among the top reads this year. Going forward, we will have a mix of basic and advance content for you. You can also let us know what you would like to see on BigFatPurse. We will continue to provide quality and practical information to help you with your finances.
[Free Ebook] How should you invest your first $20,000?
We asked 14 Singapore finance bloggers to share what they would do if they could go back in time and invest their first $20,000. They can no longer rewind time, but you can learn from their experience and hopefully start with a better footing.
We wish you a great year ahead! Have a happy holiday! See you next year.
Do like us on Facebook 🙂